Saturday, June 24, 2017

Forthcoming Ozu Collection, and Ozu Links

Yasujiro Ozu is my favorite director of all time, and over the course of a few years, i have a acquired quite a bit of Ozu related items in my collection. These items range from his films on DVD and Blu-ray, to books, magazines, and collectables related to the man and his work. As I've spend time purchasing Ozu items, frequently on an import basis, I've noticed that most times i have very little information about the item i am purchasing. It's not uncommon to be surprised, both positively and negatively, when the item actually arrives, due to the incomplete/incorrect/sparse info available when purchasing.

I'm going to begin to take photos of all the items i have and post them here on the blog. I'll do my best to cover as much info as i can about the item. For books and magazines I'll try to get as much info out about length and language, and if there are any English friendly items or pictures. For copies of his films, I'll include as much info as i know about supplemental features, quality, and anything unique to a particular version of the released film. I'll always try to mention if an item seems to be rare or hard to find, or if it's something that you can add to your collection with relative ease. I hope to eventually have the most comprehensive collection of information about Ozu items on the web.

In this post I want to include a list of Ozu sites on the web that contain more information about Ozu and his films. Some of the better sites appear to no longer be actively updated, which is another reason i want to get as much info out on the web. Please feel free to leave a comment or contact me if you know of any good Ozu sites that are missing from my links. I'll keep the list updated with any new submissions.

Ozu-san.com

No comments:

Post a Comment